Our Focus Is Defending
Robert T. Ray
Robert, who grew up in Virginia, followed his parents to north Alabama after graduating from the Vermont Law School. Robert's father had family and roots in north Georgia and north Alabama and moved back to this area after a long career serving the federal government. Prior to law school, Robert graduated from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Robert also studied engineering at Virginia Tech before transferring to George Mason.
Soon after arriving in Alabama, Robert began his legal career representing the citizens of DeKalb County and surrounding counties. He also spent a year in Atlanta working in medical malpractice litigation before opening his current law practice at 200 Alabama Avenue in Fort Payne, Alabama.
A graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College (1997) and the Criminal Defense College (2000), Robert enjoys trial work. He believes in winning justice for his client by caring about his client and by conveying that attitude to the jury. Jurors will believe in a case and a client if they sense that the lawyer believes in his case and his client.
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, 1997
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Association for Justice
- DeKalb County Bar Association